Accelerated Certification Prep Jump Start
Deploying, Configuring, and
Administering Microsoft Lync Server 2010
Literally hundreds of organizations are recognizing the cost savings and efficiency that results from empowering people with improved collaboration and cross-team communications. Once you learn about what Microsoft Lync can do for your office, as well as your resume, you'll never look back.
Microsoft Learning and the Microsoft Lync team have partnered to bring you an exciting opportunity to learn how to deploy, configure and administer Microsoft’s unified communications solution. Leveraging the popular “Jump Start” virtual classroom approach, two of the industry’s most gifted experts will leverage an accelerated, engaging and demo-rich learning experience to help attendees gain the knowledge and confidence required to prepare for taking Exam 70-664: TS: Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Configuring. Here are the details:
- Course: “Deploying, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Jump Start”
- Accelerated, engaging, demo-rich virtual learning experience – no hands-on labs
- Date/Time: April 17-19, 2012 from 9:00am – 4:00pm PST
- Where: Live virtual classroom (online from wherever you are)
- Cost: FREE!
- Target audience: IT Professionals and telecommunications professionals.
This is an accelerated course. Attendees should have at least three (3) years’ experience working with unified communications software, including knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
Day 1: Lync Server 2010 Deployment & Configuration
- Module 1: Features and Architecture of Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Module 2a: Deploying Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Part 1
- Module 2b: Deploying Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Part 2
- Module 3: Configuring Users & Rights and Client/Device Deployment in Lync Server 2010
- Module 4a: External User Access
- Module 4b: External Media Relays and Connectivity
Day 2: Enterprise Voice with Lync Server 2010
- Module 5a: Configuring Basic Enterprise Voice Functionality
- Module 5b: Phone Normalization, Dial Plans and Policies
- Module 6a: Extending Enterprise Voice Functionality
- Module 6b: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Unified Messaging Integration
- Module 7a: Understanding Response Groups and Call Flows
- Module 7b: Dissecting a Real-world IVR Scenario
Day 3: Extending Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Features
- Module 8: Conferencing in Lync Server 2010
- Module 9: Monitoring
- Module 10: Compliance and Archiving
- Module 11: High Availability, Voice Resiliency Features and Disaster Recovery in Lync Server 2010
- Module 12: Call Admission Control
- Module 13: Deploying & Configuring Enhanced 9-1-1
|Aaron Steele | Senior Consultant | Microsoft | @steeleaaron |
Aaron Steele is a Senior Consultant with Microsoft. He has been in the IT industry for the past 15 years. As a consultant with Microsoft he specializes in Lync Server 2010 voice architecture and deployments. He has been working with the Microsoft Unified Communications stack since the days of LCS 2005. He has implemented and administered Exchange since the halcyon days of Exchange 5.5 up through Exchange 2010. When not playing with technology he spends time with his wife and two kids in Chicago. He enjoys good food and finding new places to eat with his pastry chef wife.
|Brian Ricks | Owner | BriComp Computers, LLC | @bricomp |
Brian has been working in the IT field implementing Microsoft solutions since 1993 and obtained his first MCP in 1999. Over the years, Brian has focused on all things infrastructure and Unified Communications related, earning a Microsoft MVP award in 2006 for what is now known as Microsoft Lync Server. As a Unified Communications Architect and Subject Matter Expert, Brian decided to start his consulting practice, BriComp Computers, LLC, in 2009 and enjoys the process of helping large and small companies design, develop, configure, administer and maintain enterprise-wide collaboration solutions leveraging Microsoft technologies. Additionally, Brian is Managing Partner of The Best Damn IT Services (TBDITS), which began in 2009 with co-founder John Lockett. TBDITS is a Microsoft Silver Partner in Unified Communications and provides much of the same services BriComp Computers offers but with additional manpower when required.
Brian holds an MBA and resides in Gilbert, Arizona with his wife of over 18 years and their two boys (12 and 15).
Interested in full MCITP for Lync?
If you like this Jump Start, you may also be interested in joining us for this event:
“Planning and Designing a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Solution Jump Start” on April 24-26, 2012. This second Jump Start course will target Exam 70-665: PRO: Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Administrator, a required exam for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Administrator.
What’s a “Jump Start” Course?
Training specifically designed for experienced technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.