Cloud 101 Jump Start
A learning experience designed to help executives and organizational leaders participate in strategic conversations about why and how the Cloud transforms business.
There’s no shortage of buzz around “the Cloud.” Everybody’s talking about it. But, really, what is it? Do you understand the jargon? Can you clearly articulate why and how these technologies drive your customers’ businesses? How can business leaders provide employees with cloud skills and why is it important to start that process now? You have told us you’re not fully prepared to lead Cloud conversations with your customers and could use a little “kick-start.” Well the Cloud 101 Jump Start is it.
This will help you and your organization understand the Cloud and Microsoft’s uniquely complete approach to helping companies embrace cloud solutions. Check out the details:
- Event Title: “Cloud 101 Jump Start”
- Date/Time: March 13, 2012 from 9:00am – 1:00pm PST
- Where: Live virtual classroom (online from wherever you are)
- Cost: FREE!
- Target audience: Microsoft Partner Business Leaders (CxOs, VPs, Directors, Sales & Marketing, Technical Decision Makers)
Why is this Jump Start a good time investment?
This live, virtual event is designed to provide business leaders a targeted, executive overview of the Cloud, and how key Microsoft products enable companies to leverage the Cloud in an industry-leading variety of ways. The engaging experience is tailored for busy executives who need the knowledge and confidence to actively participate in these key customer conversations. Additionally, this course designed so Microsoft Learning Partners can redeliver it directly to their customers in order to help them understand the Microsoft Cloud. Here are few unique benefits of this course:
- Understand the Cloud: You have the opportunity to learn from experts experienced in clarifying complex technical topics with concise explanations. Check out the instructor bios below.
- Understand Microsoft’s Position: This engaging conversational learning experience will help business leaders understand why Microsoft public, private and hybrid cloud solutions are unique and making such a splash in the industry.
- Prepare Your Organization Appropriately: The Cloud provides an exciting new computing paradigm that is dramatically changing the technology landscape for your customers and the career direction for their team members. This event is designed to help you understand the skills paths they’ll need as they migrate to Microsoft Cloud solutions.
Cloud 101 Jump Start Course Outline:
09:00am*: Understanding the Cloud Movement
- Industry Transformations
- Cloud Terminology
- Your Customers’ Challenges Today
- Public Cloud vs. Private Cloud
- How the Cloud Changes Organizational Roles & Required Skills
- Cloud Drivers & Obstacles
- Microsoft Public Cloud Products for Consumers
- Microsoft Public Cloud Products for Businesses
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Windows Azure Platform
- “All about the App”
- Cross-platform from the Metal Up
- Foundation for the Future
- The Cloud on Your Terms
- The components of a Courseware Library Jump Start course
- Determining your approach and Best Practices
*all times US Standard Pacific
|Frank Gartland | @FrankGartland
Frank is the Managing Principal of Focused FX, a consulting practice helping organizations provide products and services leveraging online collaboration technologies. Over the last 18 years, he has held executive positions in product management, marketing, operations, sales training and business development with iLinc, Thomson Learning, KnowledgeNet, Platinum Technology and Mastering Computers. His experience leveraging web-based technologies to create products and streamline processes began in 1999 and includes a myriad of Microsoft solutions as well as Salesforce.com, NetSuite, iLinc, and Eloqua. A professional speaker since 1994, Frank enjoys the process of helping audiences quickly understand complex topics. He has been a featured presenter at Dreamforce and a variety of training and education-related conferences. Frank holds a Bachelor’s degree from Purdue University and treasures time with his wife and their four amazing children.
|Rick Claus | Technology Evangelist
Rick Claus engages with the worldwide Technical Community on behalf of Microsoft. Rick's role is to support platform awareness and skills development through special events targeting the broad community.
Technical areas of expertise from his 20+ years of experience in the IT Industry include: core infrastructure services, Virtualization technologies of all kinds, and systems management.
Unofficially, Rick is focused on spreading his enthusiasm, passion and excitement on all things technical to anyone who has the time for a coffee (or pint) and a chat (in English or français - naturellement).
What’s a “Jump Start” Course?
Training specifically designed for experienced technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.