New Jump Start! Microsoft Server Virtualization -- Get Certified!
Microsoft Learning is hosting a brand new class in the popular “Jump Start” series. We received rave reviews from the last Microsoft Virtualization Jump Start delivered earlier this year and know this new course will be another smash. Here are the details:
• What? “Exam 70-659: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization Jump Start”
• When? Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12pm - 8pm Pacific Time
• How? Live virtual classroom (online)
• How much? USD $99
(includes an exam voucher for taking the exam 70-659 valued at USD $150)
Why get certified in Microsoft Virtualization?
In just three short years, Hyper-V market share has grown over 16% (IDC WW Quarterly Server Virtualization Tracker, March 2011). This shift to Microsoft Virtualization has been clear the past six months as IT Professionals are flocking to the Hyper-V certification and Microsoft Private Cloud solutions. It’s easy to see that organizations who invest in IT Professionals with proven skills in current virtualization and Private Cloud skills will be a step ahead in this ever-changing cloud world.
Why is this Jump Start a good time investment?
This accelerated Jump Start is tailored for experienced IT professionals who are familiar with Microsoft server technologies, Hyper-V, Virtual Machine Manager and Remote Desktop Role Services. Here are few other unique features of this course:
• Taught by highly-respected technologists, Symon Perriman and Philip Helsel (below)
• A very fast-paced and demo-rich experience ensuring students have the expertise and confidence to become a MCTS: Windows Server 2008, R2, Server Virtualization.
• Includes an exam voucher with activation instructions during the training
• Installing and Configuring Host and Parent Settings
• Configuring Child Settings
• Managing and Monitoring Virtual Environments
• Ensuring High Availability and Recoverability
• Performing Migration
• Configuring Remote Desktop (RD) Role Services Infrastructure
If you’ve already watched the 8-hour virtualization JumpStart, you’re familiar with Symon Perriman’s easy-going teaching style. A Microsoft Technical Evangelist covering Virtualization, Windows Server, System Center and Private Cloud technologies, Symon is a recognized expert in high availability, failover clustering, network load balancing, storage solutions, mobile, domain and web services. Symon contributed to several technical books for clustering, virtualization and SQL, wrote technology articles for Business Today, and is the founder of Failover Clustering & Network Load Balancing Blog.
||Phil Helsel, MCT, MCITP
A Microsoft Certified Trainer and senior technical instructor with Microsoft FAST University, Philip has a broad range of experience from working at TechNow, Oracle, FAST Search & Transfer, and Sun Microsystems to now teaching IT professional about Windows Virtualization and Enterprise Search. Over the past twenty years, he’s earned a MCT, MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2, CTT+, CISM, Security+, Network+, CCNA, and A+.
What’s a “Jump Start” Course?
Training specifically designed for experienced developers and technologists whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage new, emerging Microsoft technologies. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to effectively map new skills to real-world situations.